The HSE has developed Draft Guidance on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. The final versions of both the draft Regulations and guidance will be available on 6 April 2015.
The Regulations will come into force on 6 April 2015. There will be a transition period of 6 months from 6th April to 6th October 2015.
The key changes likely are:
- Clients will need to appoint a Principal Designer and Principal Contractor
- There will no longer be an official role of CDM coordinator
- The domestic client is no longer exempt under the CDM regulations and has duties
- Designers and principal designers must have suitable skills, knowledge and experience.
- Client’s duty to provide pre-construction information